Do you have a budding artist at your house? We believe in encouraging children’s creativity and supporting young artists in our Somerset community. Art offers children a unique means of expression, capturing their passion and emotions and fostering the exploration of new ideas, subject matter, and cultures.
We are inviting our Somerset children to share their creative talents by entering our cover contest. The winning entry will be featured on the cover of the Fall issue of the Somerset Sun. Other entries may be included inside the same issue. (We reserve the right to use another cover should we not receive a sufficient number of appropriate submissions.)
· Artwork can be of any subject but preference may be given to identifiable Somerset or PNW themes (e.g., skyline, fountain, totem pole, etc.)
· Participants should create their color or black-and-white artwork on 8-1/2" x 11" unlined paper.
· Participants must be residents of Somerset between the ages of 5 and 12.
· Artwork should be scanned in PDF or JPG format and sent by email to the SCA at Somerset98006@gmail.com. If you don’t have scanning ability, contact us at the same email address and we can arrange for submission in person.
· All entries must include name and age of artist, and the email must be sent by the entrant’s parent/guardian.
· By submitting, parents grant
permission for their children’s artwork
and first name to be put online or printed in the magazine.
· All entries must be the entrant’s original, unpublished and previously unproduced work.
· We only allow one entry per person.
· Deadline for entries is August 31, 2020.
Unfortunately the Somerset Community Association will not be able to hold our traditional July 4th Parade & Picnic due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the Somerset Community Association Board would like to help our Somerset Community still commemorate and celebrate the 4th of July. We purchased and shared American flags with Somerset families to decorate the neighborhood for the holiday!
Your donation to the Somerset Community Association helps keep Somerset a beautiful community